The Andover Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce that we will soon be offering our members the opportunity for health insurance coverage though Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas. We are working together with 31 other Chamber of Commerce’s in Kansas through the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Kansas (CCEKS) to offer an Association Health Plan called Chamber Blue of Kansas.
What is an Association Health Plan? A type of group medical insurance for organizations that allow smaller companies to access the health insurance savings associated with large group medical coverage. Better insurance plans + competitive rates = more value
The Andover Area Chamber recognizes that recruiting and retaining talent is vital for business and industry of all sizes, and health insurance benefits are a crucial piece to that success.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of KS has the largest provider network in Kansas with 99% of physicians in-network, and 100% of hospitals in-network.
What is the Timeline? Initial rates will be based on groups/businesses that have filled out the interest survey (available August 2022). Rates will be determined in September 2022, and plans will become effective January 1, 2023.
Does my company qualify?
- Must be a member in good standing with the Andover Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Employer must have at least two (2) W2 employees to qualify.
- Members must participate in the interest survey, August, 2022.
- Employer to pay at least 25% of the lowest cost option plan offered.
- Employer must have 70% of eligible employees enroll in group health plan (employees working 30 hours+ per week, less those who have group coverage elsewhere x 70%)
- If the business drops out of the program, they cannot re-enroll for 2 years.
- Limited liability companies (LLC’s) could qualify based on tax classification- determined by BCBS KS.
Interested business owners, non-profits, and organizations are encouraged to review the Employer brochure below. Informational meetings will be forthcoming. Please contact the Andover Area Chamber if you are interested or if you have any questions at 316-733-0648 or email email@example.com.
Check out this link for employer information – CHAMBER BLUE OF KANSAS